Julia Weissheimer Werlang Gama is Brazilian actress, model and beauty queen. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She was born in Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil.
- She speaks Portuguese, Spanish, English, Mandarin and German.
- She studied chemical engineering but did not complete her degree.
- She is 5’9″ tall.
- In 2012, she was crowned A Mais Bela Gaúcha.
- On August 9, 2014, she was crowned Miss Brasil Mundo 2014 in Florianópolis, Santa Catarina, Brazil. She bested 39 other candidates. As Miss World Brazil 2014, she used her scholarship to study acting at Nu Espaço in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- To prepare for Miss World 2014, she trained in China with Venezuelan coach Alexander Gonzalez. Representing Brazil, she competed against 120 other candidates at Miss World 2014 at the ExCel London in London, England, United Kingdom on December 14, 2014 and finished in the Top 11.
- From 2016 to 2019, she lived in China where she worked as a model and an actress. She represented the Chinese cosmetic brand Balincan in the Asian country.
- She played Miss Vi in “Delirius Insurgentes,” a thriller film written and directed by Fernando Mamari. It was screened at the Durban Film Festival in South Africa on July 18, 2017.
- She starred with David Belle and Zhao Wenzhuo in the action film “Invisible Tattoo,” which was released in China in 2018.
- On August 20, 2020, she was officially appointed as Miss Universe Brazil 2020.
- She was 27 years old when she represented Brazil in Miss Universe 2020 at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Hollywood, Broward County, Florida, United States on May 16, 2021. She was runner-up to Andrea Meza of Mexico.
- On November 7, 2021, she crowned her successor Miss Universe Brazil 2021 on board the cruise ship MSC Preziosa between the coast of Bahia and São Paulo in Brazil.