Lauren Opal Boebert is a white woman from Colorado, United States. She, her husband Jayson Boebert and their four sons live in Silt, Colorado.
Born in Altamonte Springs, Florida, USA, Lauren never knew her biological father. She was 7 years old when her mother Shawn Elaine Roberts, also known as Shawn Bentz and Shawna Roberts-Bentz, and Steve Bentz welcomed their first son in 1994.
Shawn and Steve got married in 1996, the same year they welcomed their second son, then she gave birth to two more sons in 1999 and in 2003. In 2002, the couple bought a $200,000 four-bedroom home in Rifle, Colorado.
Lauren claimed that she grew up in a Democratic home. However, her mother registered as a Republican in 2001 in Colorado, changed to unaffiliated in 2013 then to Democrat in 2015 and back to Republican in 2021.
Aside from Silt and Rifle, Lauren has lived in different parts of Colorado including Aurora, Clifton and Denver. Here are 13 more things about her:
- In 1998, she and her family moved from Altamonte Springs to Aurora before moving to Montbello, Denver where her mother received welfare.
- In 2001, she worked at a McDonald’s in Rifle, which she said was her first job.
- In 2004, she dropped out of Rifle High school because she had a child and took a job as an assistant manager at a McDonald’s in Rifle. In the same year, Jayson pleaded guilty to public indecency and lewd exposure and spent time in jail.
- In 2005, she and Jayson got married.
- In June 2006, she registered as a Democrat. In 2008, she switched her party affiliation from Democrat to Republican.
- In 2009, she became a born again Christian.
- In 2010, she and Jayson lost their then-home in a foreclosure case and were later evicted. That year, she was cited for violations to the Garfield County Animal Code for letting her pit bull dogs to remain at-large without proper licensing. From 2011 to 2020, she was cited for numerous traffic offenses in three Colorado counties namely Garfield, Clear Creek and Larimer, including speeding, following too closely to another vehicle and driving with expired license plates and several citations for failure to use a seatbelt and failure to use proper child restraints.
- In 2012, Capital One Bank filed a civil case against her and won a $1,516 judgment against her. A debt that was not settled until 2017.
- In 2013, she and her husband opened a restaurant called Shooters Grill in Rifle, which had a gross income of more than $645,000 in 2018. On May 29, 2018, she encouraged her staff to carry a firearm during work.
- In 2015, Mesa County sheriff’s deputies arrested her in Mesa County, Colorado for making a public disturbance at a Country Jam event in Mack, Mesa County. According to her arrest affidavit, she started yelling at them for detaining underaged drinkers, repeatedly saying that she had friends at Fox News and would expose them. In 2016, she was issued a summons on a careless driving charge and for operating an unsafe or defective vehicle after rolling her car into a ditch late at night in Garfield County. She pleaded guilty to an unsafe vehicle charge. She failed to appear at a court appearance in October 2016, a warrant was issued for her arrest. In December 2016, she sold Putters, a restaurant she opened in Rifle in 2015.
- She has a partial ownership of Smokehouse 1776, a restaurant in Rifle, which was responsible for more than 80 cases of food poisoning at the Garfield County Rodeo after serving food without a license in 2017. On February 13, 2017, she was arrested and booked into jail on a failure-to-appear misdemeanor charge in her 2016 unsafe vehicle case.
- In May 2020, she obtained her general educational diploma (GED). She won the Republican nomination on June 30, 2020, won the general election on November 3, 2020 and assumed office as a member of the U.S. house of representatives from Colorado’s third district on January 3, 2021.
- On November 25, 2021, she was filmed saying that she and a staffer were in an open elevator in the U.S. Capitol building in Washington, D.C., USA and noticed a police officer sprinting for the door as it closed. She said in part, “What’s happening? I look to my left and there she is, Ilhan Omar, and I said, ‘Well, she doesn’t have a backpack. We should be fine.'” In response, Ilhan Omar said the story was made up and called her a buffoon.
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, United States
1 reply »