Robert Fehring is a white man from New York, United States. Here are 10 more things about him:
- He lives in Bayport, Town of Islip, Suffolk County, Long Island, New York.
- Aside from Bayport, he has lived in other parts of New York including Patchogue, Remsenburg, Islip and East Islip.
- He previously lived in Princeville, Hawaii, USA and in Palm City, Florida, USA.
- In the 1970s, he was a music teacher at Bellport High School in Brookhaven, Suffolk County.
- From 2013 to 2021, he allegedly sent at least 60 letters threatening to assault, shoot and bomb individuals, businesses and organizations affiliated with the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) community.
- He allegedly threatened to attack the 2021 New York City Pride March on June 27, 2021 in Eisenhower Park in East Meadow, New York with “firepower” that would “make the 2016 Orlando Pulse Nightclub shooting look like a cakewalk.” On June 12, 2016, Omar Mateen, 29, killed 49 people and wounded 53 others in a mass shooting at the gay nightclub Pulse in Orlando, Florida. In June2021, he allegedly sent a letter to the CEO of an LGBTQ-affiliated nonprofit in Sag Harbor, Suffolk County, threatening that the person might be shot if the person attended the 2021 New York City Pride March.
- On August 5, 2021, former Bellport High School student Linda Mackay filed a Child Victims Act case against him, Bellport High School and South County Central School District in the jurisdiction of Suffolk County. Mackay accused him of sexually abusing an underage high school student in the 1970s.
- In November 2021, a search of his home turned up two loaded shotguns, two stun guns, hundreds of rounds of ammunition, photographs from the 2021 New York City Pride March and a stamped envelope addressed to an LGBTQ-affiliated attorney containing the remains of a dead bird.
- On December 6, 2021, he was arrested then released on a $100,000 bond and placed on home detention with location monitoring.
- He was 74 years old when he was arrested on December 6, 2021.