Chantel O’Brian is a Haitian-Bahamian etiquette coach and beauty queen. She considers her mother as her biggest cheerleader and the first queen she has ever met.
An experienced social media coordinator, O’Brian is an expert in planning, implementing and monitoring company’s social media strategy to increase brand awareness, improve marketing efforts and increase sales. Here are 13 more things about her:
- A Haitian immigrant’s daughter, she was born and raised in Nassau, Bahamas. She serves as a Creole translator for the Haitian community on her island.
- She is 5’7″ tall.
- She was Miss Bahamas Universe 2013 first runner-up.
- From December 2013 to December 2016, she worked for Diamonds International in the Bahamas as a sales associate.
- She was Miss World Ocean Cay Bahamas 2014. On August 3, 2014, she competed at Miss World Bahamas 2014 and was second runner-up.
- On September 14, 2015, she was crowned Miss World Bahamas 2015.
- On December 19, 2015, she represented the Bahamas at Miss World 2015 and competed against 149 other candidates in Sanya, China. She was unplaced.
- From December 2016 to December 2019, she worked for Aliv in the Bahamas as a social media coordinator.
- In February 2018, she founded P.S. O’Brian Consulting. Based in Nassau, the company offers several services including social business coaching, etiquette coaching, pageant training and social media management.
- In November 2019, she graduated from Edinburgh Napier University where she earned her bachelor’s degree in business enterprise.
- On October 3, 2021, she represented New Providence at Miss Bahamas Universe 2021 and competed against three other finalists at the Grand Salon in Rosewood, Bahamas. She won the title.
- She was 27 years old when she was crowned Miss Universe Bahamas 2021.
- On December 12, 2021, she represented the Bahamas at Miss Universe 2021 and competed against 79 other candidates in Eilat, Israel. She finished in the Top 10, making her the first person representing the Bahamas to place in Miss Universe.