Clémence Botino is a French historian, model and beauty queen. She was born in Baie-Mahault, Guadeloupe, France to an Afro-Caribbean and European father and an Indo-Caribbean mother.
Botino is passionate about fashion, music and culture. She enjoys playing the piano and dancing salsa.
Raised in Le Gosier, Guadeloupe, Botino is fluent in French and English. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She is a member of the French association Les Bonnes fées, which helps women who suffer from precariousness and disease.
- She is 5’9″ tall.
- In 2014, she obtained a scientific baccalauréat, a national academic qualification in France that students can obtain at the completion of their secondary education. In the same year, she studied in an international school in Miami, Florida, United States.
- From 2016 to 2018, she took preparatory literary courses at the Lycée Gerville-Réache in Basse-Terre, Guadeloupe.
- In 2018, she enrolled in Sorbonne University in Paris, France where she pursued a master’s degree in art history.
- On August 3, 2019, she was crowned Miss Guadeloupe 2019.
- On December 14, 2019, she was crowned Miss France 2020 at the Le Dôme de Marseille in Marseille, Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur, France. After her coronation, she received racist comments online due to the color of her skin.
- She was 22 years old when she was crowned Miss France 2020.
- On December 19, 2020, she crowned Amandine Petit as her successor. She and Petit were supposed to represent France in Miss Universe in 2020 and 2021, respectively, but they later switched places due to potential date conflicts between those pageants and Miss France 2022.
- While reigning as Miss Universe France 2021, she was pursuing her master’s degree in history of art.
- On November 29, 2021, she arrived in Israel and tested positive for the new coronavirus (COVID-19).
- On December 8, 2021, she received clearance to leave her hotel room in Jerusalem, Israel, where she quarantined for 10 days.
- On December 12, 2021, she represented France at Miss Universe 2021 and competed against 79 other candidates in Eilat, Israel. She finished in the Top 10.