Maria Julieta Garcia is an Argentine model, ballet dancer and beauty queen. She describes herself as an extremely persevering and focused person.
Garcia is passionate about the performing arts and has dedicated herself to helping people with addiction problems and raising awareness about such problems. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She hails from Bahia Blanca, Argentina.
- Since she was a little girl, she has been passionate about studying human behavior.
- She is 5’11” tall.
- In 2009, she started practicing ballet.
- In July 2017, she walked the runway at the ModaStyle 18 fashion show in La Plata, Argentina.
- In 2018, she modelled for Bahia Blanca Plaza Shopping.
- On October 16, 2019, she competed against 21 other candidates at Miss Universo Argentina 2019 at Teatro Broadway in Buenos Aires, Argentina. She was runner-up to Mariana Varela while Alina Luz Akselrad and Aldana Masset finished in the Top 7.
- Miss Universo Argentina 2020 was not held due to the new coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The beauty pageant’s national director Osmel Souza had to pick between her, Akselrad and Masset who would be Miss Universo Argentina 2020. Ultimately, the title was given to Akselrad, who finished in the Top 21 at Miss Universe 2021 on May 16, 2021 in Hollywood, Florida, United States.
- On August 15, 2021, she took to Instagram to share her childhood photos. In the caption, she said she consults her inner child whenever she has to make an important decision.
- On October 16, 2021, she officially appointed her Miss Universe Argentina 2021.
- She was 22 years old when she was crowned Miss Universe Argentina 2021.
- While reigning as Miss Universe Argentina 2021, she was pursuing her bachelor’s degree in psychology.
- On December 12, 2021, she represented Argentina at Miss Universe 2021 and competed against 79 other candidates in Eilat, Israel. She was unplaced.