Roshanara Ebrahim is a Persian-Somali-Kenyan model, beauty queen and author with a law degree. She is also a meditation instructor and a Quantum Healing and Hypnosis Technique (QHHT) practitioner.
Ebrahim is 5’9″ tall. She was was born in Nairobi, Kenya to his Persian father Mahmood Ebrahim, who is from Iran, and Somali mother Fatou Spirou, who grew up in Kenya.
Roshanara also goes by Roshanara Love. Here are 13 more things about her:
- In 2005, she attended Light Academy in Nairobi. In 2006, she attended Doon International School in Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India.
- In 2011, she interned at Aga Khan Hospital in Mombasa, Kenya. From 2011 to 2015, she studied international law and legal studies at the University of Nairobi.
- In March 2012, she was a Kenyan Model United Nations delegate. From November 2012 to December 2014, she was a Strut it Afrika model.
- In January 2013, she became a Muse Limited director. From July 2013 to August 2013, she was a European International Model United Nations delegate.
- She served as chairperson for BITSMUN Pilani in February 2014 and for The Everest International Model United Nations in October 2014. From September 2014 to December 2015, she was a Kenya Red Cross assistant project manager.
- In 2015, she interned at the Kenya Red Cross Society branch in Parklands, Nairobi and worked for 6:AM Entertainment Kenya as an event organizer.
- In 2016, she joined Smile Train as an ambassador. After winning Miss Nairobi County 2016, she was crowned Miss World Kenya 2016 but she was dethroned after her former boyfriend Frank Zahlten leaked her nude photos. She filed a lawsuit against him and Miss World Kenya organizer Ashleys Kenya Limited chief executive officer Terry Mungai. Zahlten was required to pay her around $10,000 in damages but she was not able to regain the Miss World Kenya 2016 title, which was given to her runner-up Evelyn Njambi, who finished in the Top 5 at Miss World 2016.
- In 2017, she joined Boss Models South Africa in Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa. She was a Rohto Mentholatum K Ltd. brand ambassador from January 2017 to August 2017, the chief executive officer of World Indigenous Model Search in February 2017 and a host of “The Skin Therapy Show” from January 2017 to July 2018.
- In 2018, she joined Full Circle Model Management in Cape Town and Ice Models Johannesburg in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. In the same year, she became an African Grassroot Hoops brand ambassador.
- On May 26, 2019, she became a QHHT practitioner. In April 2020, she founded Jade Rituals in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. In November 2020, she became MMA Advocates LLP‘s head of business development.
- On May 27, 2021, her book “Beyond The Darkness: The Strategic Guide to the New Earth” was independently published.
- She was 28 years old when she won Miss Universe Kenya 2021 in Nairobi on October 30, 2021, besting nine other finalists. She is the first person to win both Miss World Kenya and Miss Universe Kenya titles.
- On December 12, 2021, she will represent Kenya at Miss Universe 2021 in Eilat, Israel.