Valeria Maria Ayos Bossa is a Colombian model, presenter, beauty queen and environmental activist. Her father is Spanish while her mother is of Trinidadian descent.
Ayos is fluent in Spanish and English. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She was born in Cartagena, Bolivar, Colombia.
- She grew up in the archipelago of San Andrés, Providencia and Santa Catalina, also known as San Andres and Providencia, in the Insular Region of Colombia.
- She is a part of Fundación Portofino, a foundation for children on San Andres Island in San Andres and Providencia.
- She earned her bachelor’s degree in international relations from the Jorge Tadeo Lozano University in Bogotá, Colombia.
- She received a diploma in marketing and strategy from La Verne University in La Verne, Los Angeles County, California, United States.
- She is 5’11” tall.
- In 2003, she learned how to sing. She was inspired by Colombian singer Shakira.
- She competed at Miss San Andrés, Providencia and Santa Catalina 2016 and did not win the title.
- On August 23, 2018, she represented the Old Providence McBean Lagoon National Natural Park at Miss Earth Colombia 2018 in Bogota and won the title.
- On November 3, 2018, she represented Colombia at Miss Earth 2018 and competed against 86 other candidates at the SM Mall of Asia Arena in Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines. She ranked third, earning her the Miss Earth-Water 2018 title.
- She was supposed to represent San Andrés, Providencia and Santa Catalina at Miss Universe Colombia 2020. However, she had to withdraw from the competition after suffering partial paralysis of the face before the coronation night, which took place on November 16, 2020 in Barranquilla, Colombia.
- On October 18, 2021, she represented Cartagena at Miss Universe Colombia 2021 and competed against 23 other candidates at Chamorro City Hall in Bogotá and won the title.
- She was 27 years old when she was crowned Miss Universe Colombia 2021. On December 12, 2021, she represented Colombia at Miss Universe 2021 and competed against 79 other candidates in Eilat, Israel. She finished in the Top 5.
Categories: biographical data, Colombia, LISTS, South America
2 replies »