Inyoung You, who is of South Korean descent, was the girlfriend of Alexander Urtula of Cedar Grove, New Jersey, United States. They both attended Boston College in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts, USA.
You was born in South Korea. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She and Alexander Urtula of Cedar Grove, New Jersey, USA were members of the Philippine Society at Boston College where she studied economics and he studied biochemistry. In 2017, she served as the group’s treasurer.
- In December 2017, she and Urtula started dating. She was 1 year younger than him.
- From March 2019 to May 2019, she and Urtula exchanged more than 75,000 text messages, of which she sent 47,130. In her texts, she repeatedly admonished him to take his own life.
- In April 2019, she texted Urtula, “do everyone a favor and go f—ing kill yourself, you’re such a f—ing stupid a– worthless s–t. dude just f–king do everybody a favor and go f–king kill yourself honestly. F–king WORTHLESS A– F–KING PIECE OF S–T U DESERVE NOTHING IN THE F–KING WORLD” In one his text messages that month, he told her, “I’ll go die for you…. whatever will make you happy.”
- On May 16, 2019, she texted Turrula, “F–K YOU GO F–KING KILL YOURSELF…”
- She was present on the roof the Renaissance Park garage near Northeastern University in Roxbury, Boston, Massachusetts when Urtula jumped to his death from there at 8:35 a.m. on May 20, 2019. He was supposed to attended his Boston College graduation ceremony at 10:30 a.m. that day.
- In August 2019, she withdrew from classes at Boston College.
- On October 18, 2019, a grand jury indicted her.
- On November 22, 2019, she pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter in Suffolk County Superior Court in Boston.
- She was supposed to graduate from Boston College in May 2020.
- On December 23, 2021, Suffolk Superior Judge Robert Ullmann accepted her guilty plea to an involuntary manslaughter charge. Steven Kim represented her. The judge sentenced her to a suspended jail sentence of 2 years and 6 months and 10 years of probation.
- She was 23 years old when she pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter on December 23, 2021.
- From 2022 to 2032, she is legally prohibited from profiting financially from the facts underlying the case related to her involvement in Urtula’s suicide.