Darius D. Sullivan is an African-American man from Illinois, United States. Here are eight more things about him:
- He lives in Kankakee, Illinois.
- He is Nichele Newton-Carroll‘s son.
- His mother was 18 years old when she gave birth to him.
- Aside from Kankakee, he has lived in other parts of Illinois, including Bourbonnais.
- At around 9:30 p.m. on December 29, 2021, he and Xandria A. Harris, 26, stayed at a Comfort Inn motel in Kankakee. They allegedly attacked and shot Bradley Police Department officers Sergeant Marlene Rittmanic, 49, and Tyler J. Bailey, then 27, who went to their room while responding to a report of dogs barking in their unattended vehicle. Rittmanic died while Bailey survived but critically injured.
- On December 30, 2021, the Illinois State Police arrested his mother and Jelman J. Sullivan, then 21, and preliminarily charged them with obstructing justice. On the same day, an arrest warrant was issued for him while Harris was named a person of interest in the case involving the shooting of Rittmanic and Bailey on December 29, 2021.
- At around 9:30 a.m. on December 31, 2021, the Indiana State Police and Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) units arrested him and Daniel Acros, then 19, without incident at a home in North Manchester, Indiana, USA. Later that day, Harris turned herself in to the Bradley Police Department in Bradley, Illinois.
- He was 25 years old when he was arrested on December 31, 2021. He was booked into the Wabash County Jail in Mount Carmel, Illinois while awaiting extradition to Kankakee.
(This is a developing story. More details are being added.)