Kim Joseph Habit is a white man from Virginia, United States. Here are 10 more things about him:
- He lives in Chesapeake, Virginia with his mother.
- On February 7, 2019, a storage facility unit in Chesapeake was rented to him. He used the unit to hold a homemade explosive, two spools of military-grade detonating cord and tablets used to create explosives, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Between January 2020 and December 2021, he purchased from several retailers significant quantities of chemicals, lab equipment and other components that could be used to create a destructive device.
- An internet user at his Chesapeake residence made images of child pornography available to others for downloading via a peer-to-peer file sharing network. Between September 4, 2021 and September 19, 2021, the user shared nine BitTorrent files showing prepubescent females engaged in sex acts with an adult male.
- On December 9, 2021, the FBI obtained a search warrant for his Chesapeake home.
- On December 14, 2021, FBI agents found in his home numerous firearms and a box containing empty rifle cases, large amounts of primers and handwritten notes on how to assemble the device and a grenade fuzzing mechanism.
- As of December 16, 2021, he had neither applied for nor received a license or permit to receive or transport explosives from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).
- An FBI special agent filed a criminal complaint, which was signed by a U.S. magistrate judge on December 17, 2021.
- On January 3, 2022, he was arrested and booked into the Western Tidewater Regional Jail in Suffolk, Virginia.
- He was 48 years old when he was arrested on January 3, 2022. He was charged with possessing child pornography and knowingly shipping, transporting and receiving an explosive without having a license or permit.
- On January 6, 2022, he appeared in court and waived his right to a preliminary hearing.