Joseph Michael “Joe” Ervin was a resident of Colorado, United States. Here are 10 more things about him:
- He lived in Aurora, Colorado.
- On December 7, 1978, he allegedly stabbed Madeleine Furey-Livaudais, 33, to death at her residence in Denver, Colorado.
- On August 10, 1980, he allegedly stabbed Dolores Barajas, 53, to death in Denver.
- On December 24, 1980, he allegedly stabbed Gwendolyn Harris, 27, to death in Denver.
- On January 24, 1981, he allegedly stabbed Antoinette Parks, 17, to death in Adams County, Colorado.
- On June 27, 1981, he allegedly fatally shot Aurora Police Department officer Debra Sue Corr, 26, when she pulled him over near East Colfax Avenue and Moline Street in Aurora and tried to arrest him. He also shot passerby Glenn Joseph Spies, then 19, who tried to help Corr. Spies survived. He was latter arrested in his Aurora residence.
- On July 1, 1981, he committed suicide while incarcerated in the Adams County Detention Center in Brighton, Colorado.
- He died at the age of 30.
- In 2018, the murders of Livaudais, Barajas, Harris and Parks were linked through deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA). In 2021, authorities exhumed his body from a cemetery in Arlington, Texas, USA and found that his DNA matched the evidence collected from the killings of the four women.
- On January 28, 2022, the Denver Police Department publicly identified him as the killer of Livaudais, Barajas, Harris and Parks.
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, United States
Leave a Reply