Gregorio Angelo Rafael de Guzman is a Filipino fitness instructor and chef. His nickname is Gigo.
De Guzman is openly gay. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He is the son of Moises “Boy” Lapuz de Guzman, and Claire de la Fuente, a veteran singer in the Philippines.
- From 2004 to 2010, he attended Ateneo de Manila University in Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines where he earned his bachelor’s degree in English literature. While attending the university, he was a member of Ateneo Blue Repertory.
- In 2005, he became the vice president of operations of Mesaverde Corporation, which is based in Pasay City, Metro Manila.
- In December 2006, his father died.
- From 2013 to 2015, he attended Enderun Colleges in the Bonifacio Global City in Taguig, Metro Manila where he completed a certificate course in culinary arts and chef training.
- In September 2015, he started working as crew member and a class instructor at Electric Studio Indoor Cycling in the Bonifacio Global City.
- From January 2017 to January 2019, he was a managing partner at Alek Cafe and Kitchen in Makati City, Metro Manila. From September 2017 to February 2019, he was an executive chef at The Noodle Studio at the Ayala Malls in Pasig City, Metro Manila.
- In September 2019, he started working at Rise Nation Manila in Taguig as a part-time instructor.
- He was one of the men who were with Christine Dacera at City Garden Grand Hotel in Makati City on December 31, 2020. He met her for the first time that day and they were with their common friends, who are male flight attendants. She died on January 1, 2020.
- On January 5, 2021, he talked to the media and claimed that he had nothing to do with Dacera’s death and he was one of those who rushed her to the hospital where she was pronounced dead. On the same day, he and his mother were interviewed by Alvin Elchico and Doris Bigornia on “S.R.O.” He said he was the first one who gave cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) to Dacera prior to her death.
- On January 6, 2021, with his mother by his side, he was interviewed by Raffy Tulfo on “Wanted sa Radyo.” He said he went to City Garden Grand Hotel on December 31, 2020 because he was invited by his friends Rommel Galido and Jammyr Cunanan, who are also friends with Dacera, and they stayed at Room 2209.
- In March 2021, his mother died.
- On January 31, 2022, the prosecutor’s office of Makati City dismissed the consolidated criminal cases filed by the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) against him, Galido, Cunanan, John Pascual Dela Serna III, John Paul Halili, Jezreel Rapinan, Alain D. Chen, Mark Anthony Rosales, Reymar Englis, Louie Delima and Eduard Pangilinan III in connection with Dacera’s death.