Chidi Godson Njokuani is a professional mixed martial artist and a former Muay Thai fighter and kickboxer born in Dallas, Texas, United States to Nigerian parents. His brother Anthony Njokuani is also a professional MMA fighter and kickboxer.
Nicknamed Chidi Bang Bang, Chidi is 6’3″ tall and he competes in the middleweight division. From 2015 to 2019, he competed in Bellator MMA.
In 2020, Chidi had one Legacy Fighting Alliance bout. He was 33 years old when he made his Ultimate Fighting Championship debut on February 5, 2022.
Currently, Chidi holds a professional MMA record of 21 wins and 7 losses. Here are 13 more things about him:
- In 1989, his brother Anthony introduced him to Muay Thai. He started competing in Muay Thai in 1990 and turned professional in 2007.
- When he made his professional MMA debut in 2007, he knocked out George Cortez. He defeated Andrew Moncriefe in 2008 and lost to Warren Thompson in 2009. In 2010, he lost to Jorge Lopez before defeating Chris Kennedy and Jack Montgomery.
- In 2011, he defeated Alan Jouban then lost to Brandon Thatch.
- In 2012, he defeated Jonathan Harris, John Reedy, Bobby Cooper and Phil Dace.
- In 2013, he lost to Jeremy Kimball before defeating LeVon Maynard.
- In 2014, his fight against Chris Heatherly ended in a No Contest then he defeated Steve Hanna.
- In 2015, he defeated Gilbert Smith, Max Griffin and Ricky Rainey.
- In 2016, he defeated Thiago Jambo Goncalves and Andre Fialho.
- In 2017, he defeated Melvin Guillard and Hisaki Kato but lost to Andrey Koreshkov.
- In 2018, he lost to John Salter. In 2019, he lost to Rafael Carvalho.
- In 2020, he defeated Cristhian Torres.
- In 2021, he defeated Mario Filipe de Sousa.
- In 2022, he defeated Marc-Andre Barriault.