Dr. Myron L. Pope is a native of Alabama, United States. From 1989 to 1993, he attended the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa, Alabama where he earned his bachelor’s degree in history and English.
In 1997, Pope earned his master’s degree in higher education administration from the University of Alabama. Here are 13 more things about him:
- From 1992 to 1996, he was a Boys and Girls Clubs of Tuscaloosa club director.
- From 1994 to February 2022, he was a member of the National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA).
- From 1996 to 1997, he worked for Alabama Southern Community College in Monroeville, Alabama as a talent search counselor and a campus administrator.
- From 1997 to 2000, he worked for the University of Alabama’s College of Education as a director of recruitment.
- From 2000 to April 2020, he worked for the University of Oklahoma in Norman, Oklahoma as an assistant professor and adjunct professor.
- He was the owner of M.L. Pope & Associates, which operated from 2004 to April 2020.
- From 2007 to 2015, he was a board member of the YMCA in Edmond, Oklahoma.
- From 2009 to 2010, he was the Edmond Chamber of Commerce vice chair. In 2011, he was the chair of its board of directors. From 2009 to 2016, he worked for Walden University in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA as an instructor.
- From January 2004 to July 2005, he worked for the University of Central Oklahoma in Edmond as an assistant vice president of student affairs.
- From July 2005 to March 2013, he was the University of Central Oklahoma’s vice president of enrollment management. From March 2013 to July 2019, he was the university’s vice president of student affairs.
- From August 2019 to March 2020, he worked for the Oklahoma Department of Human Services in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma as the chief of strategic engagement.
- From April 2020 to February 2022, he was the University of Alabama’s vice president of student life.
- He was one of the 15 men arrested by the West Alabama Human Trafficking Task Force on February 17, 2022 and on February 18, 2022 for soliciting prostitution. He was booked into the Tuscaloosa County Jail in Tuscaloosa, Alabama and released after posting $1,000 bail.
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, United States
Leave a Reply