Jennifer Lynn Sawdon Crumbley is a white woman from Oxford, Michigan, United States. She has lived in other parts of Michigan including Clarkston, Lake Orion, Traverse City and Waterford.
Crumbley has also lived in different parts of Washington, USA including Issaquah and Renton and in different parts of Florida, USA including Jacksonville, Fort Myers and West Palm Beach. Here are 13 more things about her:
- In 1996, she graduated from Clarkston High School in Clarkston. She earned her associate’s degree in business management and marketing from Northwestern Michigan College in Traverse City.
- In 1998, she started working as a realtor.
- In 2003, she was charged in Duval County, Florida with passing a worthless check, driving with a suspended license and failure to appear in court. In the same year, James’ first wife gave birth to Eli Crumbley.
- In 2004, she was cited on a charge of letting animals run at large in Lee County, Florida.
- In 2005, she and James were arrested in Duval County, Florida for driving under the influence.
- She is the second wife of James Robert Crumbley. In 2006, she gave birth to their son Ethan Crumbley.
- In August 2015, she and James bought a house in Oxford. From Florida, they moved to Oxford with Eli and Ethan. Both Eli and Ethan attended Oxford High School in Oxford. In March 2021, Eli moved out and went back to Florida.
- On November 11, 2016, she wrote a blog post in which she explained why she decided to vote for Donald Trump although his beliefs often conflicted with her values. Talking directly to him, she wrote in part, “As a female and a Realtor, thank you for allowing my right to bear arms. Allowing me to be protected if I show a home to someone with bad intentions. Thank you for respecting that Amendment.”
- On November 26, 2021, her husband bought a Sig Sauer 9mm handgun. On November 27, 2021, their son Ethan took to Instagram to share a photo of the handgun with a caption, “Just got my new beauty today. SIG Sauer 9MM. Ask any questions I will answer.”
- At 10:00 a.m. on November 30, 2021, she and James were called into Oxford High School for a meeting with teachers about Ethan’s behavior. At 12:50 p.m., using her husband’s Sig Sauer 9mm handgun, Ethan fired 30 rounds at the school, emptying two 15-round magazines, killing four students namely Madisyn Baldwin, 17, Justin Shilling, 17, Tate Myre, 16, and Hana St. Juliana, 14, and injuring seven other students and one female teacher, then 47. Minutes later, Oakland County Sheriff‘s deputies arrested Ethan.
- She was 43 years old when Ethan was arrested on November 30, 2021.
- She was listed as a realtor for a real estate company in Clarkston. The company removed her staff bio on December 1, 2021, the day she and James attended Ethan’s arraignment via video before Judge Nancy T. Carniak. She and her husband were seen driving a black 2021 Kia Seltos on December 2, 2021 then went missing on December 3, 2021, the day they were each charged with four counts of involuntary manslaughter. Represented by Shannon Smith and Mariell Lehman, she and her husband were found hiding in a commercial building in Detroit, Michigan on December 4, 2021. That day, she and her husband both pleaded not guilty to four counts of involuntary manslaughter and Rochester Hills District Court Judge Julie Nicholson set bail at $500,000 each for the couple.
- On February 8, 2022, she and James appeared in court in Rochester Hills, Michigan for a preliminary examination on involuntary manslaughter charges. On February 24, 2022, Nicholson ordered her and James to stand trial on involuntary manslaughter charges.