Steven Gallagher is a resident of Ohio, United States. Here are 10 more things about him:
- He lives in Maumee, Ohio.
- He is active day trader in over-the-counter (OTC) securities or penny stocks, which often trade for less than $1 per share.
- In September 2019, he created a Twitter account using the alias Alex DeLarge. He regularly used the account to tout various penny stocks in which he personally held substantial positions.
- As of October 19, 2021, his Twitter account named Alex DeLarge has more than 70,000 followers.
- In December 2020, he acquiring a substantial volume of shares from a public shell company called SpectraScience, Inc. (SCIE). He either knew or purposely avoided learning that the company had neither prospects for success nor actual operations.
- From December 2020 through February 2021, he used his Twitter account named Alex DeLarge to operate a fraudulent pump-and-dump scheme with respect to penny stock issued by SCIE.
- In January 2021, he repeatedly wrote on Twitter using his Alex DeLarge account that he planned on holding and had not sold any of his shares of SCIE although he had sold millions of SCIE shares at heightened prices.
- On October 26, 2021, he was arrested in Ohio and charged in federal court in in New York, USA with one count each of wire fraud and market manipulation and two counts of securities fraud. A judge set his bond at $1 million. He was released after posting $50,000.
- On February 25, 2022, he pleaded guilty before U.S. District Judge Valerie E. Caproni to one count of securities fraud. The same judge will sentence him on June 27, 2022.
- He was 51 years old when he pleaded guilty to securities fraud on February 25, 2022.