Palesa Molefe is a Motswana actress, writer and beauty queen. Here are 10 more things about her:
- She describes her mother Mercy Molefe, a single parent, as a fighter who fought not only for herself but for everyone around her and someone who sees good in everyone.
- She is an only child. She was born and raised in Boseja, Mochudi, Kgatleng, Botswana.
- She is fluent in Setswana and English.
- She is the founder of Botswana United Artists, a nongovernment organization founded to illuminate the value of artists and mental health in society.
- She is 5’6″ tall.
- She wrote and produced the short film “Lacuna,” which was featured in the Botswana National Film Festival 2018.
- On October 29, 2021, she competed against 15 other finalists at Miss Botswana 2021 at the Limkokwing Hall of Fame in Gaborone and won the crown.
- She was 22 years old when she was crowned Miss Botswana 2021.
- In December 2021, she represented Botswana at Miss World 2021 and competed against 96 other candidates in San Juan, Puerto Rico. She was selected as one of the 40 quarterfinalists. In the same month, she told Southern Times Africa that her mother is “a very beautiful strong woman.” She shared, “She tried her very best to make sure I have the best in life and I felt that throughout my life even when things were hard.”
- On March 16, 2022, she competed against 39 other quarterfinalists during the Miss World 2021 coronation night at the Coca-Cola Music Hall in San Juan. She did not make it to the Top 13.