Pamela Ashley Uba is a South African-Irish scientist, model and beauty queen. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She hails from Galway, Ireland.
- She is originally from South Africa.
- Before competing in beauty pageants, she was working as a bartender.
- While bartending at a Miss Galway final, she was mistaken as a candidate.
- In 2004, she and her family moved from South Africa to Ireland.
- In 2017, she earned her bachelor’s degree in medical science.
- In 2019, she was awarded the prestigious Best Dressed Lady award at the Galway Races.
- She is Miss Galway 2020.
- While reigning as Miss Galway 2020, she was working at the biochemistry department of the University Hospital Galway and completing her master’s degree in clinical chemistry in Trinity College Dublin in Dublin, Ireland.
- On September 5, 2021, she represented Galway and competed against 28 other candidates at Miss Ireland 2021 the Killua Castle in Clonmellon, Ireland. She won the title, making her Ireland’s Miss World 2021 candidate.
- She was 25 years old when she was crowned Miss World Ireland 2021.
- In December 2021, she represented Ireland at Miss World 2021 and competed against 96 other candidates in San Juan, Puerto Rico. She was selected as one of the 40 quarterfinalists.
- On March 16, 2022, she competed against 39 other quarterfinalists during the Miss World 2021 coronation night at the Coca-Cola Music Hall in San Juan. She did not make it to the Top 13.