|Alexandra Nicole Lakhman is a Ukrainian-Latvian-American beauty queen born and raised in New Jersey, United States. She grew up in Old Bridge Township, Middlesex County, New Jersey. |
Lakhman is 6 years older than her brother Joseph “Joe” Lakhman, who was diagnosed with spinal muscular atrophy Type 2 when he was 1 year old. Their father is from Ukraine while their mother is from Latvia.
Alexandra’s first language is Russian and she did not learn English until 2001. Here are 13 more things about her:
- From 2010 to 2014, she attended Old Bridge High School in Matawan, New Jersey.
- From June 2012 to September 2015, she worked for Bagel Boy in Old Bridge Township as a social media director, a customer service staff and a cashier.
- She is Miss New Jersey Teen USA 2014 first runner-up. In 2014, she got accepted to the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City, New York, USA.
- From 2014 to 2020, she lived in different parts of New York City including Midtown, Fidi and West Village.
- She is Miss New Jersey USA 2015 fourth runner-up. From June 2015 to September 2015, she worked for Banana Republic in Old Bridge Township as a brand ambassador.
- From December 2015 to February 2018, she worked for Castle Couture in Manalapan, New Jersey as a stylist and a sales associate.
- She is a Miss New Jersey USA 2016 semifinalist. In 2016, she graduated from the Fashion Institute of Technology with an associate’s degree in fashion business management. From January 2016 to May 2016, she worked for Harper’s Bazaar in New York City as a fashion accessories assistant. From September 2016 to May 2018, she was a part-time junior account executive at Jovani in New York City.
- She is Miss New Jersey USA 2017 first runner-up. From May 2017 to August 2017, she was a public relations and events intern at Brandsway Creative in New York City. From September 2017 to April 2018, she was a content marketing associate intern at SWAAY in New York City.
- She is Miss New Jersey USA 2018 third runner-up. In May 2018, she graduated from the Fashion Institute of Technology with a bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing and communications and a minor in English. From June 2018 to August 2018, she worked for GQ magazine in New York City as a fashion assistant.
- From August 2018 to January 2021, she worked for Gogotech in New York City as an eCommerce brand manager.
- In June 2020, she moved to Hoboken, Hudson County, New Jersey.
- In January 2021, she joined Newell Brands in Hoboen as an associate digital marketing manager. On August 1, 2021, she competed against 125 other candidates at Miss New Jersey USA 2021 at Hilton Parsippany Hotel in Parsippany-Troy Hills, New Jersey. She was runner-up to Celinda Ortega.
- She was 26 years old when she was crowned Miss New Jersey USA 2022 on April 3, 2022 at Hilton Parsippany Hotel in Parsippany-Troy Hills where she competed against 61 other candidates. She will represent New Jersey at Miss USA 2022.