Keith A. Papini is a white man from California, United States. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He lives in Redding, Shasta County, California. Aside from Redding, he has lived in other parts of California including Crescent City and Shasta Lake.
- He is Suzanne Papini‘s brother and Rod Rodriguez‘s stepson.
- He earned his associate’s degree in administration of justice from Shasta College in Redding.
- He is 1 year younger than his wife Sherri Papini. They have two children together.
- In October 2005, he started working at Best Buy as an elite services specialist.
- In 2009, he and Sherri got married.
- On November 2, 2016, he became concerned when he returned from his job at Best Buy and could not find Sherri at their Redding residence. She was reportedly out jogging a mile from the residence that day.
- His two children were attending daycare when Sherri went missing from November 2, 2016 to November 13, 2016. During those days, she was allegedly voluntarily with her former boyfriend in Costa Mesa where she systematically harmed herself to make her kidnapping story convincing.
- On November 9, 2016, Shasta County Sheriff’s Office lieutenant Anthony Bertain announced that he was not a person of interest in the disappearance of Sherri. He passed a lie-detector test and no physical evidence linked him to her disappearance. On November 15, 2016, he and his sister-in-law Sheila Koester attended the Redding City Council meeting to thank supporters.
- On November 24, 2016, Sherri reappeared on the side of County Road 17 near Interstate 5 in Yolo County, California and claimed that she was freed by her captors, who were two Hispanic women. When Sherri was hospitalized in Woodland, Yolo County, investigators collected male deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) from her underwear and sweatpants that did not match his. On November 29, 2016, he issued a statement to “Good Morning America” that Sherri was branded, covered in bruises from repeated beatings and starved down to 87 pounds.
- On December 2, 2016, he spoke to the ABC News show “20/20“, which was his first on-air interview since Sherri reappeared on November 14, 2016.
- He was 38 years old when Sherri was arrested on March 3, 2022. On the same day, they separated.
- On April 18, 2022, Sherri pleaded guilty to one count each of making false statements to federal law enforcement officers and mail fraud. On April 20, 2022, he filed for divorce from her. His hearing is scheduled on May 9, 2022.