Thomas Davis Cox is a white man from Colorado, United States. Here are eight more things about him:
- He lives in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- In 1989, his mother lived next to the apartment of Susan Amy Morse, then 22, of Mesa, Maricopa County, Arizona, USA near Country Club Drive and Southern Avenue in Mesa.
- On October 16, 1989, he allegedly sexually molested Morse and fatally strangled her inside her apartment in Mesa.
- On November 13, 1990, he allegedly sexually assaulted a woman, then 23, who lived in the same apartment in Mesa where Morse was killed. He allegedly stole cash and a videocassette recorder (VCR) from the apartment before fleeing the scene.
- Advanced deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) and and fingerprint technology was used to identify him as the man who killed Morse on October 16, 1989 and assaulted another woman in November 1990 in the same apartment in Mesa. In March 2022, he was indicted on 16 counts including first-degree murder, sexual assault, burglary and kidnapping.
- On April 23, 2022, Federal Bureau of Investigation agents and Mesa Police Department officers arrested him at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix. He was extradited to Phoenix and held on a $1 million cash bond
- He was 58 years old when he was arrested on April 23, 2022.
- His next court hearing will be on April 29, 2022.
(This is a developing story. More details will be added.)