Mason Will John Greenwood is an English professional football player of Jamaican descent. He was born in Wibsey, Bradford, West Yorkshire, England to Andrew Greenwood and Melanie Hamilton.
Mason’s older sister Ashton Green is a track athlete. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He is 5’11” tall. He and English model Harriet Robson have known each other since their school days at Ashton on Mersey School in Ashton upon Mersey, Greater Manchester, England. They started dating while attending the school.
- In 2007, he played at Manchester United‘s development school in Halifax, West Yorkshire.
- Under the management of Ole Gunnar Solskjær, he made his competitive debut on March 6, 2019 as an 87th-minute substitute for Ashley Young in a 3–1 win against Paris Saint Germain in the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) Champions League.
- On March 10, 2019, he made his Premier League debut from the bend in a 2-0 defeat to Arsenal.
- On May 7, 2019, he was named Premier League 2 Player of the Month for April 2019. On May 12, 2019, he made his first senior start for Premier League 2 in a 2–0 defeat to Cardiff City.
- On July 17, 2019, he scored his first senior goal for Manchester United in a 4–0 pre-season victory against Leeds United. On August 30, 2019, he was included in the England under-21 squad for the first time.
- On September 19, 2019, he scored the only goal of the Europa League game between Manchester united and Astana.
- On August 25, 2020, he was named in the England senior squad for the first time.
- In September 2020, he and Phil Foden were kicked out of the England football squad and were sent home because they broke new coronavirus (COVID-19) protocol by inviting two women to the team’s hotel in Iceland. After this, he and Robson separated. On September 4, 2020, Manchester United gave him the number 11 shirt.
- On October 28, 2020, he scored his first career UEFA Champions League goal in a 5–0 win over RB Leipzig. In November 2020, he and Robson reunited.
- On May 6, 2021, he played in his first cup final in the 2021 Europa League against Villarreal at the Stadion Gdańsk in Gdańsk, Poland.
- He was 20 years old when Robson accused him on January 30, 2022 of forcing her to have sex with him against her will. That day, he was arrested and charged with rape and assault.
- His initial bail period was due to expire on April 30, 2022 but Greater Manchester Police applied to have it extended. He is expected to attend hearing in June 2022.