|Casper Ruud is a Norwegian professional tennis player born in Oslo, Norway to Christian Ruud and Lele Ruud. Casper has two sisters namely Caroline Ruud and Charlotte Ruud.|
For Casper, the best food from Norway is salmon. He also likes Asian food, particularly Japanese and Thai dishes, and Italian food.
Casper is righthanded. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He and his two sisters grew up in Snarøya, Bærum, Norway.
- He is 6’0″ tall.
- In 2002, he started playing tennis.
- As a tennis player, he trained by his father and Joachim Bjerke, who became a professional tennis player in 2010. A professional tennis player from 1991 to 2001, his father represented Norway at three consecutive Olympic Games.
- In 2015, he made his professional tennis debut. He reached the second round of the 2015 Wimbledon boys’ singles and the third round of the 2015 US Open boys’ singles and the 2015 French Open boys’ singles.
- On January 4, 2016, he became the first Norwegian to became the world number 1 ranked junior tennis player.
- He reached the third and final qualifying round of the 2017 Australian Open.
- In September 2018, he started training regularly at the Rafa Nadal Academy in Manorca, Mallorca, Spain. Competing in the men’s singles event, he reached the first round at 2018 US Open and the second round at both 2018 Australian Open and 2018 French Open.
- Competing in the men’s singles event, he reached the first round at 2019 Wimbledon and 2019 US Open and the third round at 2019 French Open.
- In February 2020, he became the first Norwegian to win an Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) Tour title. Competing in the men’s singles event, he reached the first round at 2020 Australian Open and the third round at 2020 French Open and 2020 US Open.
- Competing in the men’s singles event, he reached the first round at 2021 Wimbledon, the second round at 2021 US Open, the third round at 2021 French Open and the fourth round at 2021 Australian Open.
- He was runner-up to Carlos Alcaraz of Spain in the men’s singles of 2022 Miami Open, which took place in Miami Gardens, Florida, USA from March 22, 2022 to April 3, 2022.
- He was 23 years old when he competed at 2022 French Open, which was held in Paris, France from May 22, 2022 to June 5, 2022.