Healthy skin is no less important than a healthy body. Everyone wants glowing, healthy, and radiant skin. While healthy skin makes you look as fresh as a flower, dull skin does not really show your best.
With our hectic routines, poor eating and sleeping habits and pollution, getting this soft, glowing skin has become only a daydream but all the while, it has become important to take care of our skin. While there are countless skin care products available on the market, nothing can beat the goodness of natural remedies.
Natural remedies are pure and chemical-free with little to no side effects and with consistent use, success is guaranteed. Here are a few pantry items you can use to make the perfect remedy to get perfect skin:
1. Aloe Vera
Known for its moisturizing and healing properties, Aloe Vera contains an ample amount of antioxidants and vitamins that strengthen the skin. Mucopolysaccharides present in the plant lock the moisture in, keeping your skin hydrated and soft.
Applying Aloe Vera to sunburns and minor wounds fastens their healing. It also prevents acne, improves elasticity and reduces wrinkles.
How to use:
- Aloe Vera + honey mask: Mix a tablespoon of Aloe Vera with 1 teaspoon each of honey and milk. Add a pinch of turmeric and make a paste. Apply on the skin for 15-20 minutes and rinse off with cold water.
- Aloe Vera gel: Apply Aloe Vera gel directly onto your skin. Leave it for 10-15 minutes and rinse with cold water.
- Juices and smoothies: You can also include Aloe Vera in juices and smoothies.
Cucumber gives off cool and refreshing vibes because it has a cooling effect that revitalizes and replenishes the skin. Containing folic acid, antioxidants and vitamins, it reduces puffiness, swelling and dark circles.
Aside from balancing the skin pH, cucumber also restores the protective function and keeps it hydrated. From treating swollen eyes to sunburns, you can use cucumber for various benefits.
How to use:
- Cucumber slices: Cut cucumber slices and place them on your eyes.
- Cucumber juice: Make cucumber juice in a blender and drink it.
- Cucumber + yogurt mask: Grate a small cucumber and mix it with 2-3 tablespoons of yogurt. Apply on your face and neck and leave it until it dries off. Wash it with cold water and pat dry.
Turmeric is not only a renowned kitchen staple but also a wonderful ingredient for the skin. As a potent antioxidant, it attacks the skin-damaging free radicals and provides luster to the skin.
Due to its anti-inflammatory effect, turmeric reduces puffiness and swelling and enhances collagen production, making the skin fresh and rejuvenated. It brightens your complexion and brings a radiant glow to your skin.
What is the best turmeric supplement for skin? A curcumin supplement with coconut oil works best as coconut oil keeps the skin hydrated and makes it glowing.
How to use:
- Turmeric Lemon Mask: Add three tablespoons of lemon juice with one teaspoon of turmeric. Mix it and apply it to your skin for 20 minutes. Rinse with cold water.
- Turmeric Gram flour Mask: Take 3-4 tablespoon gram flour and add ½-1 teaspoon turmeric into it. Make a paste by adding water or milk. Apply it to the skin and leave till it dries and washes with water.
- Turmeric Pills: There are countless turmeric pills benefits, such as high absorption and bioavailability. Take it with meals to enhance the therapeutic effect of turmeric on your skin and body.
Honey is an incredible moisturizer that keeps your skin hydrated for a long time. Antioxidants in honey prevent spots, acne and blemishes.
The antibacterial properties of honey help you fight off many skin infections, such as eczema and psoriasis. You can also use honey for wound healing and fading scars because it can effectively soothe your skin, remove wrinkles and spots from it and make it healthy.
How to use:
- Honey yogurt mask: Mix a cup of yogurt and a tablespoon of honey. Apply it on your skin for 15-20 minutes and wash with cold water.
- Honey egg mask: Take one egg white and one tablespoon of honey. Mix them in a bowl and gently apply to the skin. Leave for 20 minutes and then rinse. It is a wonderful mask for locking moisture in.
- Massage: Apply a little amount of honey on damp skin. Massage for a few minutes and wash with water.
When life gives you lemons, make lemon masks. Lemon is rich in citric acid and vitamin C, which is a potent antioxidant. This fruit protects the skin from the damage of free radicals and restores its elasticity and function.
Lemon also boosts collagen production and moisturizes our skin. With its bleaching properties, it can be used to remove tan and make your skin bright and clean so it works particularly well for darkened elbows and knees.
How to use:
- Lemon juice: Make a solution of lemon juice and water in a ratio of 2:3. Apply on your skin with cotton pads and wash after 10 minutes.
- Lemon coffee mask: Take a tablespoon of coffee and lemon juice. Mix without forming lumps and apply to your skin for 15 minutes. Gently exfoliate and rinse with cold water. (Coffee is an excellent exfoliator.)
- Lemonade: Drinking lemonade detoxes our body and refreshes our skin.