Gary Gene Ramirez was born and raised in Fresno, California, United States. Here are 10 more things about him:
- He is Rudy Ramirez‘s younger brother. They have two more brothers.
- He and Rudy are residents of Maui, Hawaii, USA.
- He attended high school in Fresno.
- He is a retired bug exterminator.
- In the early 1970s, he served in the U.S. Air Force. After leaving the military, he lived in different parts of California, including San Francisco, San Francisco and the Bay Area Peninsula, and in Colorado, USA then moved to Hawaii.
- On September 3, 1982, he allegedly sexually assaulted and fatally stabbed Karen Ann Stitt, 15, of Palo Alto, California in Sunnyvale, California. No suspect was identified and the case went cold.
- In 2017, the Sunnyvale Department of Public Safety started collaborating with the Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office’s Cold Case Unit on the case involving Stitt’s murder. In 2019, detective Matt Hutchison used a tip to determine that her killer was likely one of four brothers from Fresno. In April 2022, a search warrant was used to swab his mouth for a deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) sample. In July 2022, a crime lab confirmed matched the DNA found at the crime scene where Stitt was killed.
- At round 5:30 p.m. on August 2, 2022, he was arrested at his home in Makalani Place, Makawao, Maui.
- He was 75 years old when he was arrested on August 2, 2022. He had no criminal record before the arrest.
- His extradition hearing is set for August 10, 2022. While incarcerated in Maui, he is awaiting extradition back to California where he will face charges of first-degree murder with special circumstances, kidnapping and rape.