Lalela Lali Mswane is a South African ballet dancer, model, singer and beauty queen who holds and law degree and speaks Zulu, French and English. Her mother Hleliselwe Mthiyane-Mswane worked as an account clerk.
Born in Eswatini, Lalela’s father Muntu Mswane was a diplomat and a minister. He served as Swaziland’s High Commissioner to South Africa.
Lalela is a Christian and she finds humor in the most simple things. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She lives in Pretoria, South Africa.
- She was born and raised in Richards Bay, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
- She attended Crawford Preparatory and Pro Arte Alphen Park High School, which are both in Pretoria.
- She is 5’7.5″ tall.
- In 2006, she started her training as a ballerina.
- On January 27, 2010, her father passed away in Pretoria after a short illness.
- She was Matric Experience 2015 first runner-up.
- From 2016 to 2020, she attended the University of Pretoria in Pretoria where she earned her law degree.
- In June 2020 she established her nonprofit organization called the Lalela Mswane Foundation, which strives to empower the youth to soar beyond the boundaries that life has placed before them.
- She was signed with the South African modeling agency Alushi Models before she was announced as one of the 30 Miss South Africa 2021 quarterfinalists on July 6, 2021. On October 16, 2021, she competed against nine other finalists at the Grand Arena of GrandWest in Cape Town, South Africa and won the title.
- On December 12, 2021, she represented South Africa at Miss Universe 2021 and competed against 79 other candidates in Eilat, Israel. She was second runner-up to Harnaaz Sandhu of India.
- On July 15, 2022, she represented South Africa at Miss Supranational 2022, competed against 68 other candidates in Nowy Sącz, Małopolska, Poland and won the title.
- She was 25 years old when she was crowned Miss Supranational 2022 on July 15, 2022. On August 13, 2022, she crowned her successor Miss South Africa 2022 Ndavi Nokeri.