The Miss Universe Switzerland 2022 coronation night will take place at La Marive in Yverdon-les-Bains, Switzerland on September 2, 2022. It is the third edition of the national beauty pageant that selects Switzerland’s Miss Universe candidate and the first edition under Bernard Poffet‘s directorship.
Switzerland was represented in Miss Universe by the winners of Miss Schweiz in 1953, from 1960 to 1990, from 1992 2013 and in 2018 and the winners of Miss Universe Switzerland in 2014 and in 2016. Currently, the European country has 12 Miss Universe placements including the third runner-up finish of Lolita Morena in 1983 and the second runner-up finish of Lauriane Gilleron in 2006.
On October 30, 2016, Dijana Cvijetić, then 23, of Gossau, Switzerland was appointed Miss Universe Switzerland 2016 by Veeranda Aeberli, the then holder of Switzerland’s Miss Universe franchise. Representing Switzerland, Cvijetić was unplaced with she competed against 85 other Miss Universe 2016 candidates in Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines on January 30, 2017.
There are 13 women competing for the Miss Universe Switzerland 2022 crown. Here are the candidates:
- Alia Guindi (Canton du Valais)
- Aurore Keim (Canton de Vaud)
- Brenda Huguet (Canton de Genève)
- Elisa Esteve (Canton du Valais)
- Jessica Chassot (Canton de Vaud)
- Marie Terreaux (Canton de Vaud)
- Melanie Haldemann (Canton de Fribourg)
- Nicole Zimmermann (Canton de Fribourg)
- Pamela Tropea (Canton du Valais)
- Sashi Chiesa (Canton de Basel)
- Shadya Chagna (Canton de Genève)
- Tiphaine Sagne (Canton de Neuchâtel)
- Zolanny Encarnacion (Canton de Basel)