Carlos Alcaraz Garfia is a professional tennis player born in El Palmar, Murcia, Spain to Carlos Alcaraz Gonzalez and Virginia Garfia.
The younger Carlos has three siblings. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He started playing tennis when his father was the tennis academy director of the Real Sociedad Club de Campo de Murcia in El Palmar.
- He lives in Villena, Alicante, Spain.
- He is 6’0″ tall.
- In 2018, he made his professional tennis debut and began playing at Spanish tennis player Juan Carlos Ferrero‘s Equelite JC Ferrero Sport Academy in Villena.
- In February 2020, he made his Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) main-draw debut at the 2020 Rio Open in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil after receiving a wildcard for the singles main draw. He finished in the second round.
- In February 2021, he finished in the second round at the 2021 Australian Open men’s singles in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
- In June 2021, he finished in the third round at the 2021 French Open men’s singles in Paris, France.
- In July 2021, he finished in the second round at the 2021 Wimbledon Championships men’s singles in London England, United Kingdom. In the same month, he won the 2021 Croatia Open Umag in Umag, Istria Croatia, which marked his first ATP final.
- In January 2022, he finished in the third round at the 2022 Australian Open men’s singles in Melbourne. In the same month, he became a brand ambassador for Rolex.
- In February 2022, he won his first ATP Tour Masters 1000 title at the 2022 Miami Open men’s singles in Miami Gardens, Florida, United States. Casper Ruud of Norway was his runner-up.
- In April 2022, he won his second ATP Tour Masters 1000 title at the 2022 Barcelona Open in Barcelona, Spain. Pablo Carreño Busta of Barcelona was his runner-up.
- In July 2022, he finished in the fourth round at the 2022 Wimbledon Championships men’s singles.
- He was 19 years old when he won the 2022 U.S. Open men’s singles in New York City, New York, United States on September 11, 2022. Ruud was his runner-up.