Remigio Bonson “Bon” Gabriel is a Filipino-American man from Texas, United States. Here are 10 more things about him:
- He grew up in Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines.
- He and his wife Dana Walker Gabriel live in Missouri City, Texas. Aside from Missouri City, he has lived in other parts of Texas including Houston.
- He has lived in different parts of California, USA including Duarte and South San Francisco.
- He is 14 years older than Dana. They have three sons and one daughter together.
- In 1957, he moved from Manila to Washington, USA on scholarship with around $20 in his pocket. He later moved to Texas where he met Dana, earned his PhD in psychology from the University of Houston in Houston and started a car repair shop.
- In 1992, Dana gave birth to their son Brett Gabriel.
- In 1994, Dana gave birth to their daughter R’Bonney Nola Gabriel. Her first name is a combination of his first name and second name.
- On July 25, 2020, he, Dana and Brett attended the Miss Kemah 2020 coronation night at the South Shore Harbour Resort and Conference Center in League City, Texas where R’Bonney competed against 20 other candidates and became runner-up to Gabriella Garza.
- On October 3, 2022, he and Dana attended the Miss USA 2022 coronation night at the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino in Reno, Washoe County, Nevada, USA where their daughter R’Bonney represented Texas, competed against 50 other candidates and won the title.
- He was 83 years old when his daughter R’Bonney was crowned Miss USA 2022 on October 3, 2022.