Professionally known as Nandita Banna, Banna Prabha Kranti Nandita is a data analyst, model, dancer and beauty queen from Singapore. She is of Indian descent and is 5’9″ tall.
Aside from modelling and dancing, Banna also enjoys skating, cooking and learning new skills like coding. She is passionate about leveraging technology to create a more sustainable future.
An active volunteer at Care Corner Singapore, Banna mentors primary school students to help them learn life skills and interpersonal communication. Here are 13 more things about her:
- From 2014 to 2016, she attended Raffles Girls’ School on Hillcrest Road in Singapore. She was a member of RG Indian Dance, which performed its biennial concert “COLOURS OF INDIA: THE SHOWDOWN” at the Raffles Institution Performing Arts Centre in Singapore on July 8, 2016.
- From 2017 to 2018, she went to Raffles Institution in Singapore.
- In 2019, she enrolled at Singapore Management University. From September 2019 to December 2020, she was a volunteer mentor for CareCorner Singapore.
- She worked part-time as a data assistant for The Pique Lab Learning Centre in Singapore from January 2020 to August 2020 and full-time as the secretary general of Singapore Management University’s Verts Environmental Club from January 2020 to December 2020.
- In February 2020, she appeared in a television ad for Singapore’s Housing and Development Board (HDB). In June 2020, she completed DataCamp‘s introduction to data science in Python.
- She was a Tamizha digital marketing volunteer from July 2020 to October 2020 and a SmooLah app development team member of Citi and Singapore Management University’s financial literacy programme for young adults from July 2020 to December 2020.
- In December 2020, she became the Tamizha community engagement director and obtained her applied machine learning certificate from Heicoders Academy. She was featured in the December 2020-January 2021 issue of Vogue Singapore.
- In March 2021, she modeled for Louis Vuitton Women’s Spring-Summer 2021 at the ArtScience Museum in Singapore, which marked her first runway show. In the same month, she was featured again in Vogue Singapore.
- In May 2021, she joined Mondelez International in Singapore as a data analyst intern. In the same month, LinkedIn issued her certificate in data science on Google Cloud Platform: Exploratory Data Analytics.
- On September 17, 2021, she competed against seven other finalists at Miss Universe Singapore 2021 at the National Museum Singapore and won the title.
- She was 21 years old when she was crowned Miss Universe Singapore 2021. On December 12, 2021, she represented Singapore at Miss Universe 2021 and competed against 79 other candidates in Eilat, Israel. She finished in the Top 16.
- On October 17, 2022, she crowned her successor Miss Universe Singapore 2022 Carissa Yap at Alcove at Caldwell House in the Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus Middle Education School (CHIJMES) in Singapore.
- In 2023, she is expected to graduate from Singapore Management University with bachelor’s degrees in business management and information systems.