Dean Edward Cheves is a former diplomat from Virginia, United States. Here are 10 more things about him:
- He has lived in different parts of Virginia including Manassas, Arlington, Falls Church, Atwater, Alexandria, Annandale and Springfield.
- He was an employee of the US Department of State, which is headquartered in Washington, D.C., USA. From 2017 to 2021, he served at the U.S. embassy in the Philippines.
- From December 2020 to March 2021, he communicated with a Filipino girl who got paid to produce and send him explicit images of herself. She was 15 to 16 years old at the time.
- In January 2021, he met another Filipino girl, then 16, online. It was Franco Sanchez, then 31, a Spaniard living in Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City, Metro Manila, Philippines, who introduced her to him, a source told Abogado.
- In February 2021, he engaged in sex acts on two separate occasions with the minor he met online in January 2021 in his car while driving around Forbes Park in Makati City, Metro Manila. In at least one of those encounters, he used his government-issued cell phone to film himself having sex with her. Photos and videos of the minor were found on devices seized from his embassy residence in Makati.
- In March 2021, he was sent back to the U.S. where he was arrested.
- On August 3, 2021, he was indicted on charges of engaging in illicit sexual conduct in a foreign place and possession of child pornography.
- On October 24, 2022, he appeared at a federal court in Alexandria and pleaded guilty to engaging in illicit sexual conduct in a foreign place, including the production and possession of child pornography and engaging in sex acts with a minor.
- He was 63 years old when he pleaded guilty on October 24, 2022 to engaging in illicit sexual conduct in a foreign place.
- He is scheduled to be sentenced on January 20, 2023 in Virginia.