Mazzy Leigh Eckel is a model and a beauty queen from New Jersey, United States. Her great-grandmother Rhea Eckel Clark served as the president of Cazenovia College in Cazenovia, New York, USA from the mid-1950s to 1971.
Eckel advocates for women’s rights. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She was born in Jersey City, New Jersey.
- She went to County Prep High School in Jersey City.
- In 2006, she started spending her childhood summers and holidays visiting relatives in Washington, USA.
- She was unplaced when she competed for the Miss New Jersey Teen USA 2015 title.
- She finished in the Top 18 when she competed for the Miss New Jersey Teen USA 2016 title.
- She finished in the Top 20 when she competed for the Miss New Jersey Teen USA 2017 title.
- On November 29, 2017, she competed for the Miss New Jersey Teen USA 2018 title. She was runner-up to Diana Smerina.
- On November 3, 2019, she represented Bellevue at Miss Washington USA 2020 and competed against 35 other candidates at the Highline Performing Arts Centre in Burien, Washington. She finished in the Top 20.
- On March 21, 2021, she represented Bellevue at Miss Washington USA 2021 and competed against 37 other candidates at the Hilton Garden Inn Wilsonville Portland in Wilsonville, Oregon, USA. She was runner-up to Christine Brodie.
- On February 5, 2022, she competed for the Miss Washington USA 2022 title at the Renton IKEA Performing Arts Center in Renton, Washington and won the title.
- In June 2022, she graduated from Seattle University in Seattle, Washington with a bachelor’s degree in political science.
- On October 3, 2022, she represented Washington at Miss USA 2022 and compete against 50 other candidates at the Grand Sierra Resort in Reno, Washoe County, Nevada, USA. She was unplaced.
- She was 22 years old when she competed at Miss USA 2022. On November 12, 2022, she will go back to the Renton IKEA Performing Arts Center to crown her successor Miss Washington USA 2023.