Dawn Linette Woods is a black woman from Wisconsin, United States. Here are 10 more things about her:
- She lives in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- She worked as a nursing assistant at Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center in Milwaukee and as a personal care assistant at Froedtert Hospital in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin.
- In 1978, she graduated from West Division Sr. High School in Milwaukee. The school was later renamed the Milwaukee High School of the Arts.
- In 1982, she gave birth to twins Darrell Edward Brooks Jr. and Eboni Danielle Brooks in Milwaukee. Eboni is the mother of Anaji Brooks and Aubrei Brooks.
- On January 25, 2014, her daughter Eboni died of an illness.
- On April 13, 2020, she filed for bankruptcy in Wisconsin.
- On July 24, 2020, she was living in a four-bedroom house in Arlington Heights, Milwaukee with Darrell and Anaji when Darrell shot at Anaji in a fight over a cellphone.
- On November 5, 2021, Darrell was charged with resisting an officer, felony bail jumping, second-degree recklessly endangering safety with domestic abuse assessments, disorderly conduct and battery in Milwaukee. On November 19, 2021, she posted the $1000 bond for him. On November 21, 2021, he was arrested after a red Ford Escape sport utility vehicle plowed into crowds at the 58th annual holiday parade in Waukesha, Wisconsin, killing at least five people and injuring at least 40 others.
- On December 1, 2021, a letter to the media, which she signed, said in part, “We are not making excuses but we believe what has happened is because he was not given the help and resources he needed.” Darrell was charged with 83 counts and his trial started on October 3, 2022.
- On October 6, 2022, she told FOX6 News that Darrell “didn’t mean to hurt nobody” and he “knows nothing about the city of Waukesha.” She was 63 years old when he received on November 16, 2022 a total of six consecutive life sentences plus more than 700 additional years in prison.