Anderson Lee Aldrich is a white man from Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States. Here are 10 more things about him:
- His grandfather Randy Voepel became the mayor of Santee, California in 2000 and a California assemblyman in 2016.
- He was born Nicholas Franklin Brink at Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns in San Diego, California, USA to Aaron Brink and Laura Voepel. His nickname was Nick.
- In September 2001, his parents divorced.
- In 2010, he established a YouTube channel called TheAzzbackward. Its only video is titled “Asian Homosexual Gets Molested”, which is 45 seconds long.
- In 2012, he and his mother moved from California to Colorado.
- On May 2, 2016, he changed his name to Anderson Lee Aldrich to protect himself and his future from any connections to Aaron, who had no contact with him for several years, and Aaron’s criminal history, according his grandmother Pamela Pullen. The petition for the name change was signed by his mother, his step-grandfather Jonathan Pullen and Pamela. Aaron also gave written permission for the name change. After the name change, he lived with Jonathan and Pamela in Colorado Springs until the couple moved to Florida, USA in late 2021.
- On June 18, 2021, his mother called the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office to report that he was threatening to cause harm to her with a homemade bomb, multiple weapons and ammunition. He was arrested, booked into the El Paso County Jail in El Paso, El Paso County and accused of two counts of felony menacing and three counts of first-degree kidnapping. No formal charges were pursued in the case, which was later sealed.
- In August 2022, he called an editor of The Gazette and asked that the story on its website about his crime on June 18, 2021 be removed since the case was dropped.
- On November 8, 2022, his grandfather Randy sought reelection as a California assemblyman but lost.
- At 9:00 p.m. on November 19, 2022, a drag show started in Club Q in Colorado Springs. Heavily armed and wearing a military-style flak jacket, he entered the club just before midnight and used a long rifle to open fire, killing five people and wounding 25 others. Patrons Richard Fierro and Thomas James stopped and disarmed him.
- On July 31, 2022, he and his mother were caught on camera being confronted by their fellow Frontier Airlines passenger Maria Martinez. His mother alleged referred to Martinez using a racist slur used against Hispanics.
- At 12:02 a.m. on November 20, 2022, a Colorado Springs Police Department officer took him into custody. He was hospitalized for treatment of his injuries. After being released from the hospital, he was booked into the El Paso County Jail. On November 21, 2022, he was charged with five counts of first-degree murder and five counts of a bias-motivated crime causing bodily injury. On November 22, 2022, his public defenders claimed that he is non-binary while his father told CBS 8 that he is not gay.
- He was 22 years old when he made his initial court appearance on November 23, 2022. El Paso County Court Judge Charlotte Ankeny ordered him held without bail.
(This is a developing story. More details are being added.)