Sheyla Ravelo Perez is a Cuban environmental activist and beauty queen. Here are 10 more things about her:
- She was born in San Antonio de los Baños, Cuba.
- In 2004, she migrated from Cuba to the United States. She attended East Lee County High School in Lehigh Acres, Florida.
- From 2018 to 2022, she attended the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, USA where she earned her bachelor’s degree in health education.
- From January 2019 to May 2021, she was an undergraduate teaching assistant of the University of Florida’s Department of Chemistry.
- From May 2019 to August 2019, she worked for the Evans Healthcare Rehabilitation Center in Fort Myers, Florida as a certified nursing assistant.
- In September 2020, she joined TELUS International as an algorithm rater.
- On June 5, 2022, she was crowned Miss Earth Cuba 2022 during the third edition of Miss Cuba U.S. at the Seminole Theater in Homestead, Florida.
- In April 2022, she became a brand ambassador of Queenly, an online formalwear marketplace that promotes sustainable fashion consumption.
- On November 29, 2022, she represented Cuba at Miss Earth 2022 and competed against 85 other candidates at the Okada Manila in Parañaque, Metro Manila, Philippines.
- She was 22 years old when she competed at Miss Earth 2022. She finished in the Top 12.