MaryAnn Racquel Ragonese Kohberger and her husband Michael Francis Kohberger live in Indian Mountain Lake, a gated community in Chestnuthill Township, Monroe County, Pennsylvania, United States. She previously lived in Brooklyn, New York, USA.
Aside from Chestnuthill Township, MaryAnn has lived in other parts of Pennsylvania including Albrightsville, Tannersville and Effort. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She is 5 years younger than Michael. They have two daughters and one son together.
- From 1966 to 1974, she attended the St. Mary Star of the Sea in Brooklyn.
- In 1978, she graduated from St. Joseph High School in Brooklyn.
- In 1988, she gave birth to Amanda Marie Kohberger.
- In 1991, she gave birth to Melissa Anne Kohberger.
- In 1994, she gave birth to Bryan Christopher Kohberger.
- In 1995, she and Michael filed for bankruptcy.
- In a letter to the editor published in March 2008 in The Pocono Record, she wrote, “I do not personally support abortion, and by all means do not support the death penalty. State-sanctified murder is still just that – murder.”
- In 2003, she started working for the Pleasant Valley School District in Brodheadsville, Monroe County as a paraprofessional, teaching pupils under the supervision of qualified instructors.
- In 2010, she and Michael filed for bankruptcy again.
- In a letter to the editor published on June 2, 2022 in The Pocono Record, she commented about the shootings in Uvalde, Texas, USA on May 24, 2022, saying, “As I sat this morning, reeling from yet another school shooting, I found myself wrestling with which actions need to be taken to stop all the madness. What is the answer? Gun control measures? Mental health intervention?”
- She was 62 years old when her son Bryan was arrested on December 30, 2022 by Federal Bureau of Investigation agents at their home in Indian Mountain Lake.
- On January 1, 2023, she, her husband and their daughters released a statement via Bryan’s public defender Jason LaBar, saying in part, “We will continue to let the legal process unfold and as a family we will love and support our son and brother. We have fully cooperated with law enforcement agencies in an attempt to seek the truth and promote his presumption of innocence rather than judge unknown facts and make erroneous assumptions.”