Alessia Rovegno Cayo is a Peruvian singer, model, dancer and beauty queen. Both of her parents Lucho Rovegno and Bárbara Cayo are of Italian descent.
Lucho is a businessman who owns the Rovegno Pastry Baguette Shop in San Isidro, Lima. Bárbara, an actress and a singer, is the daughter of the late Peruvian Air Force colonel Mario Alberto Cayo Quintana and businesswoman and publicist Ana Cecilia Sanguinetti.
Alessia is from Lima, Peru. Here are 10 more things about her:
- She plays the piano and the guitar.
- She is 2 years younger than her sister Arianna Celeste Rovegno Cayo, the founder of La Bambina de Rovegno. Their aunts Fiorella Cayo and Stephanie Cayo and their uncle Marioalberto Rainiero “Macs” Cayo are all actors.
- She is 5’11” tall.
- In 2010, her paternal half-sister Valentina Rovegno was born.
- She graced the cover of the July 28, 2018 edition of COSAS Peru magazine.
- She graced the cover of the February 2021 edition of the Asia Sur magazine. She was photographed by Lucia Arana.
- On October 6, 2021, she released her song “Un Amor Como el Nuestro“.
- On December 12, 2021, she confirmed her romantic relationship with Peruvian athlete Hugo García.
- On June 14, 2022, she won the Miss Peru Universo 2022 crown at the Miss Peru 2022 coronation ceremony, which was aired on America Television.
- She was 24 years old when she represented Peru at Miss Universe 2022 on January 14, 2023 and competed against 83 other candidates at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States. She finished in the Top 16.