Carissa Yap is a Singaporean beauty queen and fashion-centric content creator. It is her advocacy to come up with financial solutions to help the unbanked community.
Aside from finance, Yap is also interested in environmental and societal causes. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She is an advocate for persons with intellectual disability.
- In November 2015, she visited Thailand.
- From 2017 to 2018, she attended Raffles Institution in Singapore.
- From February 2019 to May 2019, she was a financial services assurance employee of PwC in Singapore. In March 2019, she visited Seoul, South Korea.
- In August 2019, she entered the National University of Singapore in Queenstown, Singapore to pursue a bachelor’s degree in finance and economics.
- In October 2019, she received her Level 2-Powerpoint Yellow Belt and Level 4-Excel Black Belt from McGraw Hill.
- In November 2019, she was a member of the Future of Finance Bootcamp of the Stockholm School of Entrepreneurship in Stockholm, Sweden.
- In July 2020, she visited the National Museum of Singapore in the Civic District in Singapore.
- From July 2021 to January 2022, she was an investor relations intern at SGX in Singapore.
- In June 2022, she was a summer analyst intern at Citi in Singapore.
- On October 17, 2022, she competed against nine other finalists at Miss Universe Singapore 2022 at Alcove at Caldwell House in the Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus Middle Education School (CHIJMES) in Singapore. She won the title.
- She was 22 years old when she represented Singapore at Miss Universe 2022 on January 14, 2023 and competed against 83 other candidates at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. She was unplaced.
- In May 2023, she will graduate from the National University of Singapore.