|Cassia Sharpley is a Namibian paramedic practitioner, singer, songwriter, dancer, model and beauty queen. She is also a poverty eradication activist. |
Sharpley’s older brother Joshua Sharpley inspires her to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Their mother helped her discover her love for singing while their father Marson Sharpley was an English lecturer at the University of Namibia in Windhoek from 1991 to 1993.
Cassia is 5’8″ tall. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She hails from Windhoek, Namibia.
- She attended Eagles Christian Academy in Windhoek.
- When she was a little girl, she started playing the piano.
- As a teenager, she started playing hockey, soccer and netball.
- In 2004, she started dancing. As a dancer, she does contemporary, hip−hop, ballet and open style.
- In 2014, she was scouted for modeling in Los Angeles, California, United States.
- In 2016, she took part in the championships for the performing arts in South Africa where she won eight gold medals and one silver medal.
- She was runner-up to Miss Teen Namibia 2017 Mijeanne Marais.
- On June 23, 2018, she represented Namibia at Miss Teen Continents 2018 at South Point Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA and competed against eight other candidates. She was unplaced but she won the Best in Interview award.
- In April 2022, she was in Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa.
- In June 2022, she founded the Honey Comb Haven Foundation, which helps the less fortunate members of her community in Windhoek.
- On August 12, 2022, she competed against 11 other finalists at Miss Namibia 2022 at the Windhoek Country Club Resort and Casino in Windhoek and won the title. While holding the title, she was working as a basic life support paramedic and pursuing a bachelor’s degree in emergency medical care at the Namibia University of Science and Technology in Windhoek.
- She was 23 years old when she represented Namibia at Miss Universe 2022 on January 14, 2023 and competed against 83 other candidates at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States. She was unplaced.