Maria Fernanda Rodríguez Ávila is a Costa Rican engineer, model and beauty queen. Here are 10 more things about her:
- She hails from San Carlos, Costa Rica. She is fluent in Spanish, English and Portuguese.
- She holds a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering.
- She is a sports enthusiast practicing mixed martial arts, ballet and swimming.
- She is Reina Teen Costa Rica Intercontinental 2012.
- She is Miss Teen Mesoamérica Internacional 2013.
- She was a Miss Teen Universe 2015 finalist.
- In May 2017, she was appointed as Miss Earth Costa Rica 2017 during the Reina Costa Rica Intercontinental 2017 finals.
- On November 4, 2017, she represented Costa Rica at Miss Earth 2017 and competed against 84 other candidates at the SM Mall of Asia in Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines. She was unplaced.
- On September 28, 2022, she competed against eight other candidates at Miss Costa Rica 2022 at the Estudio Marco Picado in Nunciatura, San José, Costa Rica and won the title.
- She was 25 years old when she represented Costa Rica at Miss Universe 2022 on January 14, 2023 and competed against 83 other candidates at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States. She was unplaced.