Maria Eugenia “Mia” Mamede is a Brazilian entrepreneur, film producer, television host, actress, model and beauty queen. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She was born in Vitoria, Espirito Santo, Brazil.
- She speaks Portuguese, Spanish, French, Mandarin Chinese and English.
- She is 5’7″ tall.
- From 2006 to 2011, she attended Nord Anglia Chinese International School in Shanghai, China.
- From May 2010 to May 2011, she was a volunteer teacher at the Catholic Church of Shanghai in Shanghai.
- In 2011, she began her philanthropic initiatives as a volunteer teacher for children in a socially vulnerable community. From 2011 to 2014, she attended the American School of Dubai in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- She is Miss Dubai 2012.
- From 2014 to 2019, she attended New York University in New York City, New York, United States where she earned her bachelor’s degree in audiovisual journalism and socioeconomics. While attending the university, she was a volunteer and a fundraiser of The Andrew McDonough B+ Foundation, which is headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, USA.
- From 2015 to 2017, she studied fashion image consulting at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City. She is an active spokesperson for the United Nations’ 2030 Agenda, which was launched in New York in September 2015.
- From 2018 to 2019, she attended New York Film Academy in New York City where she studied acting and directing.
- In August 2021, she joined Fundação Beneficente Praia do Canto, a non-governmental organization in Vitória, as a volunteer.
- On July 19, 2022, she represented Espirito Santo at Miss Universe Brazil 2022, competed against 25 other candidates in Villa Verico in Sao Paulo, Brazil and won the title.
- She was 27 years old when she represented Brazil at Miss Universe 2022 on January 14, 2023 and competed against 83 other candidates at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. She was unplaced.