Payengxa Lor (ນາງ ປ່າເຢັ້ງຊາ ລໍ່) is a Hmong teacher and beauty queen from Vientiane, Laos. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She was born in a mountainous village in Laos. Her family grew rice and operated a farm in the countryside before moving to the city.
- She is fluent in Lao and English.
- She attended The Lao-American College in Vientiane.
- She is 5’4″ tall. She holds a silver medal in taekwondo.
- In February 2018, she started teaching English via Learn English with Payengxa.
- In July 2020, she co-founded ຜູ້ມີຄວາມຫວັງ ແບ່ງປັນນ້ໍາໃຈ.
- In October 2020, she co-founded ເຈົ້າເຮັດໄດ້ You can do it.
- In March 2022, she co-founded Hmong Woman Network.
- On October 8, 2022, she competed against 19 other candidates at Miss Universe Laos 2022 at the Grand Ballroom of Mekong Riverside Hotel in Vientiane and won the title along with three special awards namely Miss Perfect Skin by Renita Beauty Center, Miss Confident Smile by 4U Spa Dental and Scent of Beauty by Madame Fin.
- She left Laos on December 22, 2022 and arrived in the United States on December 24, 2022, marking the longest travel of a Miss Universe 2022 candidate and her first time to be in the U.S.
- On December 25, 2022, she was welcomed by the Laotian community in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
- On December 30, 2022, she visited the Community School of Excellence in Saint Paul, Minnesota, USA.
- She was 21 years old when she represented Laos at Miss Universe 2022 on January 14, 2023 and competed against 83 other candidates at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. She finished in the Top 16. She is the first Hmong woman to compete in Miss Universe and the first candidate from Laos to place in the competition.