Toshami Calvin is a Jamaican model, beauty queen and behavioral technician. Here are 10 more things about her:
- She hails from Bath, Saint Thomas, Jamaica.
- She enjoys crocheting, swimming and climbing trees.
- As a registered behavioral technician, she works with children in the autism spectrum by providing them therapy.
- As an advocate for autism awareness in Jamaica, she works with the nonprofit Jamaica Autism Support Association.
- When her cousin was diagnosed with cerebral palsy, she became devoted to helping children.
- She earned her bachelor’s degree in health science from the University of Central Florida in Orlando, Orange County, Florida, United States.
- In 2010, her father passed away.
- On June 2, 2020, she took to Instagram to pay tribute to George Floyd and support the Black Lives Matter movement.
- On September 3, 2022, she competed against 19 other candidates at Miss Universe Jamaica 2022 at the Grand Ballroom of the AC Hotel by Marriott Kingston in Kingston, Jamaica and won the title. She was sponsored by Giajay Naturals Gift & Body Shop.
- She was 26 years old when she represented Jamaica at Miss Universe 2022 on January 14, 2023 and competed against 83 other candidates at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. She was unplaced.