Tya Jané La Shon Ramey is a Trinidadian activist, model and beauty queen from Five Rivers, Arouca, East-West Corridor, Trinidad and Tobago. As an activist, she advocated for the integration of migrants into Trinidadian society and the improvement of their life quality during economic and social conflicts.
Ramey loves dancing and she plays the saxophone. Here are 10 more things about her:
- She was born at King’s County Hospital in Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States.
- She frequently works with community-based and nongovernmental organizations. She pioneered her own humanitarian project advocating for Venezuelan migrant children in Trinidad and Tobago.
- In 2015, she graduated from Bishop Anstey High School East in Trincity, Trinidad and Tobago. She and Jaasiel Forde were the valedictorians of their class.
- In 2016, she earned her certificate in social work from the University of the West Indies Open Campus, which is based in Kingston, Jamaica.
- From 2017 to 2019, she studied social work and social policy at the University of the West Indies – Saint Augustine Campus in St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago. While attending the university, she played volleyball and basketball.
- On June 16, 2019, she represented Five Rivers at Miss World Trinidad and Tobago 2019 at the auditorium of the Naparima Bowl in San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago and won he title.
- On December 14, 2019, she represented Trinidad and Tobago at Miss World 2019 and competed against 110 other candidates at the ExCeL London in London, England. She finished in the Top 40 and was crowned Miss World Caribbean 2019.
- On January 31, 2021, she crowned her successor Miss World Trinidad and Tobago 2021 Jeanine Brandt at the South Academy for the Performing Arts in San Fernando.
- On September 11, 2022, she represented Arouca at Miss Universe Trinidad and Tobago 2022 and competed against 23 other candidates at Queen’s Hall in St. Ann’s, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago. She won the title.
- She was 28 years old when she represented Trinidad and Tobago at Miss Universe 2022 on January 14, 2023 and competed against 83 other candidates at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States. She finished in the Top 16.
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, Trinidad and Tobago
2 replies »