Amelia Tu is a Chinese-Canadian entrepreneur, dancer, environmentalist and beauty queen. She is deeply passionate about sustainability and spreading environmental awareness.
With this advocacy, Tu owns two organic lines of clothes and skin care called AMELIA TUU BRANDS. Through her brands, she wants to encourage everyone to spread awareness of environmental issues and promoting eco-friendly lifestyle.
Hailing from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, Tu speaks English, Mandarin and French. She plays the piano and the flute and she loves singing, thrifting, exploring restaurants, traveling and going on adventures with friends.
Tu is 5’7″ tall. Here are 13 more things about her:
- Shortly after she was born in Montreal, Quebec, Canada to Chinese parents, she and her parents moved back to China where they lived with her grandparents.
- Her favorite hobby is exploring different genres of dance. She was trained in modern, ballet and traditional Chinese dances.
- In 2005, she and her parents moved from China to Vancouver. In the same year, her mother put her in a dance studio and a swimming club and asked her to pick one. She chose dance and went on to win the gold medal at the International Models & Talent (IMTA) Dance Competition.
- When she competed in Rose Queen and Princess Pageant in Oregon, United States in 2020, she was crowned the 2020 Miss Chinese Rose Princess.
- She graced the cover of Avessa Magazine’s Summer 2021 issue.
- On May 14, 2022, she competed against 53 other candidates at Miss Universe Canada 2022 at the Meridian Arts Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and won the title. While reigning as Miss Universe Canada 2022, she was pursuing a simultaneous program in biology and business at the University of California, Berkeley in in Berkeley, California, United States.
- On October 1, 2022, she attended the Miss Teen USA 2022 coronation night at the Grand Sierra Resort in Reno, Nevada, USA where she met Miss Universe Iceland 2022 Hrafnhildur Haraldsdottir.
- On October 3, 2022, she and Haraldsdottir met again at the Grand Sierra Resort in Reno and witnessed the coronation of Miss USA 2022 R’Bonney Gabriel.
- On January 14, 2023, she will represent Canada at Miss Universe 2022 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
- She was 21 years old when she represented Canada at Miss Universe 2022 on January 14, 2023 and competed against 83 other candidates at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. She finished in the Top 16.