Aryna Siarhiejeŭna Sabalenka (Арына Сяргееўна Сабаленка) is a Belarusian professional tennis player based in Miami, Florida, United States. She attended Belarusian State University in Mink, Belarus.
Sabalenka is s 6’0″ tall and she made her professional tennis debut in 2015. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She was born in Minsk to Sergey Sabalenka and Yulia Sabalenka. Sergey was a hockey player.
- In 2012, she began began playing on the International Tennis Federation Women’s Circuit.
- In 2013, she won her first ITF title in doubles at the lowest-level Grade-5 Alatan Tour Cup in Belarus with Vera Lapko as her partner.
- In 2014, she started training at the National Tennis Academy in Minsk and represented Belarus at the Junior Fed Cup.
- In 2015, she only played in one tournament, which was the European Junior Championships.
- In 2016, she made her senior Fed Cup debut for Belarus.
- She finished in second round of the 2017 Wimbledon Championships.
- She finished in the first round of the 2018 Australian Open, the 2018 French Open and the 2018 Wimbledon Championships and in the fourth round of the 2018 US Open.
- On November 19, 2019, her father died at age 44. She finished in the first round of the 2019 Wimbledon Championships, in the second round of the 2019 French Open and the 2019 US Open and in the third round of the 2019 Australian Open.
- She finished in the first round of the 2020 Australian Open, in the second round of the 2020 US Open and the third round of the 2020 French Open.
- She finished in the third round of the 2021 French Open and in the fourth round of the 2021 Australian Open.
- She finished in the third round of the 2022 French Open and in the fourth round of the 2022 Australian Open.
- She was 24 years old when she won the 2023 Australian Open women’s singles on January 28, 2023.
Categories: Belarus, biographical data, Europe, LISTS
Leave a Reply