Desmond Mills Ainsworth Jr. is a black man from Memphis, Shelby County, Tennessee, United States. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He owns D&M Relations, LLC, a company registered in Memphis.
- He has lived in different parts of Connecticut, USA including Hartford and Bloomfield and in different parts of West Virginia, USA including Charleston and Institute.
- He is a former jailer in Tennessee and Mississippi, USA. He previously lived in Bangor, Maine, USA.
- He is 5’10” tall. His registered weight is 297 pounds.
- From 2011 to 2014, he attended West Virginia State University in Institute where he played football.
- On May 19, 2012, he was initiated as a member of the Omega Psi Phi‘s Sigma Lambda Lambda chapter in Institute.
- In March 2017, the Memphis Police Department hired him. He became part of the department’s SCORPION unit.
- On January 7, 2023, he and his fellow Memphis Police Department officers Tadarrius Bean, Demetrius Haley, Emmitt Martin III and Justin Smith allegedly caused the injuries of Memphis man Tyre Nichols, who was pronounced dead on January 10, 2023.
- On January 20, 2023, the Memphis Police Department fired him, Smith, Bean, Haley and Martin.
- On January 25, 2023, Memphis Police Department chief CJ Davis said he, Smith, Bean, Haley and Martin were found to be directly responsible for the physical abuse of Nichols.
- On the morning of January 26, 2023, he was arrested and booked into the Shelby County Jail in Memphis. In the afternoon, he posted $250,000 bond and was released. On January 27, 2023, video of the confrontation between Nichols, Bean, Haley, Martin, Mills and Smith was released.
- He was 32 years old when he pleaded not guilty on February 17, 2023 to second-degree murder, official oppression, aggravated kidnapping while possessing a weapon, aggravated assault – acting in concert, official misconduct thru unauthorized exercising of official power, two counts of aggravated kidnapping causing bodily injury and two counts of official misconduct through failure to perform a duty imposed by law.
- He is due back in court on May 1, 2023.
(This is a developing story. More details will be added.)
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, United States
As I have said, for many years. Not all police officers are bad!!! Compared to the numbers, it’s just a few. Everyone shouldn’t be punished for what a few have done. Remember this, there is something wrong with all of us. The question is how much and how well we manage it. If you live on earth for thirty years or more,, there will be something wrong with you.. maybe, not this or that,, but something.. This has made me ill. G.H.C.