Justin Smith is a black man from Tennessee, United States. He is 5’11” tall.
Smith’s registered weight is 205 pounds. Here are 10 more things about him:
- He is a resident of Memphis, Shelby County, Tennessee.
- He was 1 year younger than his fellow Memphis resident Tyre Nichols.
- In March 2018, the Memphis Police Department hired him.
- On January 7, 2023, he and his fellow Memphis Police Department officers Tadarrius Bean, Demetrius Haley, Emmitt Martin III and Desmond Mills Jr. allegedly caused the injuries of Nichols, who was pronounced dead on January 10, 2023.
- On January 20, 2023, the Memphis Police Department fired him.
- On January 25, 2023, Memphis Police Department chief CJ Davis said he, Mills, Bean, Haley and Martin were found to be directly responsible for the physical abuse of Nichols.
- On the morning of January 26, 2023, he was arrested and booked into the Shelby County Jail in Memphis. In the afternoon, he posted $250,000 bond and was released.
- On January 27, 2023, video of the confrontation between Nichols, Bean, Haley, Martin, Mills and him was released. The five former Memphis Police Department officers are scheduled for arraignment on February 17, 2023.
- He was 28 years old when he pleaded not guilty on February 17, 2023 to second-degree murder, official oppression, aggravated kidnapping while possessing a weapon, aggravated assault – acting in concert, official misconduct thru unauthorized exercising of official power, two counts of aggravated kidnapping causing bodily injury and two counts of official misconduct through failure to perform a duty imposed by law.
- He is due back in court on May 1, 2023.
(This is a developing story. More details will be added.)
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, United States
1 reply »