Michael “Mike” Malott is a Canadian professional mixed martial artist whose fight name is Proper. He is 6’1″ tall and he competes in the welterweight division.
Born in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, Malott attended Hillfield Strathallan College in Hamilton. He is also an alumnus of Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
Malott is 5 years older than his brother Jeff Malott, who is a professional ice hockey player. The latter signed a professional contract with the Manitoba Moose on April 8, 2020.
Currently, Malott is signed with the Ultimate Fighting Championship, which is based in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States. Here are 13 more things about him:
- In 2006, he started his training in taekwondo.
- From June 2008 to August 2008, he worked for D. Schaefer & Sons General Carpentry & Renovations Inc. as a carpenter assistant.
- In 2009, he graduated from Hillfield Strathallan College and started his training in Muay Thai and boxing at Titan Fitness Academy in Halifax.
- From May 2010 to August 2010, he worked for McNally Construction Inc. as a parts driver, a yard laborer and a mechanic assistant.
- From February 2011 to May 2011, he worked at Aon Reed Stenhouse Inc. as a broking clerk. On April 16, 2011, he made his professional MMA debut at “Extreme Cage Combat 12” in Halifax where he submitted James Saunders via armbar. On May 27, 2011, he submitted Michael Imperato via armbar at “East Coast Fight Productions – Resurgence” in Trenton, Nova Scotia. From September 2011 to December 2011, he was a guest services employee at Courtyard by Marriott.
- On March 9, 2013, he defeated Jon Williams via technical knockout via knee at “ECC 16” in Halifax. In May 2013, he graduated from Dalhousie University with a bachelor’s degree in commerce.
- On May 30, 2014, he knocked out Allan Wilson via knee and punches at “Substance Cage Combat 2” in Toronto, Ontario. On October 11, 2014, he lost to Hakeem Dawodu via technical knockout via punches and elbows at “World Series of Fighting 14” in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
- On September 19, 2015, his bout against Ousmane Thomas Diagne at “Bellator 142” in San Jose, California, USA ended in a majority draw.
- On February 3, 2017, he knocked out Craig Shintani via punches at “XFFC 13” in Grande Prairie, Alberta.
- On December 18, 2020, he submitted Solomon Renfro via rear-naked choke at “Cage Fury Fighting Championships 91” in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA.
- On October 5, 2021, he submitted Shimon Smotritsky at “Dana White’s Contender Series 2021” Week 6 in Enterprise, Nevada.
- On April 9, 2022, he made his UFC debut at “UFC 273” in Jacksonville, Florida, USA where he defeated Mickey Gall via technical knockout via punches.
- He was 31 years old when he submitted Yohan Lainesse via arm-triangle choke at “UFC Vegas 70” in Enterprise on February 25, 2023, which improved his professional MMA record to 9 wins, 1 loss and 1 draw.
Categories: biographical data, Canada, LISTS, North America
Leave a Reply